This week's puzzle asked for a six-letter word meaning "cultural instability." From where I pulled anomie I cannot say -- I was thinking that it sounded a lot like ennui but knew it didn't mean the same thing.
Results of a Google search for "define:anomie."
- personal state of isolation and anxiety resulting from a lack of social control and regulation
- lack of moral standards in a society
- Anomie, in contemporary English, means a condition of malaise in individuals, characterized by an absence or diminution of standards or values. ...
- Alienation or social instability caused by erosion of standards and values
- A state of normlessness in society, most commonly occurring during periods of dramatic social change.